Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday is...a nightmare.

I spend every Monday under the weight of a debilitating, completely undeserved hangover. No, I do not get drunk on Sunday nights. I stay up at The Current until 5:30 a.m. or so. It is one thing to stay up until 2 or 3 palling around with buddies and then sleep in until 1 p.m. It is another beast entirely to be up working nonstop until 5:30, not get home until 6:00, not get to sleep until 6:30 or 7:00, and wake up at 10:00 and head off to school again.

So needless to stay, I awake Monday morning and think of my beloved Aunt Betsy as I greet the day with generous doses of Ibuprofen and a swig of orange juice.

I set my Facebook to Pirate English, and you can to with the settings-languages tool. It's fun, and I am surprised at how thoroughly they go to change every last phrase to ye olde pirate. Nearly all of them are quite humorous, and it's a fun party trick (Hey check out what I can do!").

I was lucky enough to cover a concert for the paper, Ricky Skaggs and Bruce Horsnby playing bluegrass. The two put on a great show in my school's lovely Touhill performing arts center. The more country I hear the more I like bluegrass. It was really fantastic and the musicianship was top-notch and often blazingly fast. I just might buy some of the cds they've done together.

I'm starting to bore myself here. Why is it that the one day I finally buckle down to catch up on all the writing I have put off is by far the least inspired I have ever felt? My foul lack of sleep has rendered me utterly bereft of all wit, insight, humor, and I'm guessing, spelling. Siobhan, you can't let me know about that one.

It's getting cold out.
Okay I just edited this blog and deleted the story I had posted here.

3 comments:

Sho said...

yesss. now i get the shout out.

ahh yes, i quite liked this story. i think i liked the screenplay better though.

spell check was pretty much a-ok.

we stay up crazy late for our paper except i didn't schedule classes for the next day...natural wisdom i guess.

herewegoagain said...

I'm loving the "Beloved Aunt Betsy" comments as long as there is no sarcasm intended. Nothing is sweeter in the morning than a good dose of ibuprofen with healthy juice....

I feel the same (hangover) after FOOD. Food hangovers equal misery. Sleep deprivation hangovers equal misery. Eat right. Sleep enough...there ya go, all that you need to know to survive college in four words.

love!
ab

This Is Not An Exit said...

True words! And right eating fuels right sleeping and right sleeping fuels right apetite/eating, so it's a friendly cycle, but it can turn vicious.