Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Its wednesday. Always a smashing night, what with Trivia at Applebees and all. Also, due to some recent events there is more cause for celebration in my life and the life of my colleagues at The Current. More on that when it's all worked out and safe to speak. Suffice it to say that it is cause for relief and joy.

I've done my three crosswords for the day. I never, ever get sick of them. Yesterday there was a clue, "alternative rock band" and as I filled in other letters wondering what on earth band it could be, I realized with ecstatic delight (redundant? get off my case). that the answer was Ween! I have listened to more Ween this semester than any human should. They are too, too good. So I am saving that crossword.

I have started a successful gym routine with my buddy Gene. We do 20-30 minutes on the bikes and then use the weight machines. We've gone 4 times in the past week and a half- about every other day. It feels great.

Tried to grow mustache. Got stuck in a permanent (3-week-long) "ugly stage".
Shaved it and then got a haircut, to boot. Feeling pretty slick.

Must go to Math class now, though I have more to say. Must sumarize. Love to all. Car working and day a little warmer than past few. Life is picture of ease and fulfillment.


A thought, and maybe a song.

I should be other places, doing other things.
I shouldn't worry so much,
(but even thieves have kings).

I could have let my mind fly off
(like a helium-filled baloon)
And we could all give up and when asked to participate,
we could all refuse.
But the widow in the shabby shop who cuts my hair
still wears her wedding ring.
I shouldn't want to live without faith
(but even thieves have kings).

Yes even killers have lovers,
and they buy them fancy things.
Even children have wicked ways,
and it's a strange sight to see.
Even Caesar finally bowed to death
and even Nietzsche liked to sing.

Even the wise have teachers
and even thieves have kings.

1 comment:

Sho said...

I feel inclined to comment here.
1) i could have told you the ugly stage would last three weeks. that's how long my leg hairs last before they get really luxurious. (that almost grossed me out)

2) loved the nietzsche line! and the refrain.

i recently found a poem i wrote the other week and couldn't for the life of me remember what i was referring to. it detached itself from my original specifications and i became a regular observer. weirrrrd.